With him gone on fire assignment, I mentioned to him that I was sad he was going to miss it. I was sad for her and sad for him. It really broke his heart. I know, she wouldn't remember one way or the other, but we do. We will always remember that he was gone for her first Easter. But, it's part of the job and there is no fault in that.
So, where was I? Ah, yes. We were texting back and forth Saturday night and I told him that I had picked up a few Easter things for the girls. (I make sure my step-daughter doesn't miss out on Easter from our house.) This is what came through next:
B: Do I get a basket too?
M: (after a LONG pause) Only if I get one.
B: Haha! Got ya! Haha!
M: LOL! (not really sure what I had just LOL'd at)
I went about my business and we texted about other things. Fast forward to 6am Easter morning. I get a text. Which I didn't actually read until about 7:15am.
B: I think the Easter Bunny left ya'll something on the front porch.
I cannot remember if I actually responded with an "ok" or not. Not being one to just say "Haha, very funny" and ignore such a text, I got out of bed and went to the front door. Imagine if you will a front door that has a pane of glass that runs basically top to bottom of the door. Well, I look down and see two little shadows. I open the door and this is what I found...
The Easter Bunny had visited our house!!!
Two little baskets stuffed with goodies for Baby Lauren and her mommy.
I cried. And I cried. And I cried some more. Somehow, with the help of a special friend, Brendon made this first Easter magical beyond words. And in so doing, I believe started a new tradition... though it might get moved to the back door for safety and bug reasons. Many, many thanks to the "Easter Bunny" for making it so very special for me and Lauren.
Here's an added bonus...
Lauren with her Easter motherload. Apparently the dress was very tasty.




Awesome hubby!!!! Dresses are part of the daily nutrition. :) I wish JM liked her bumbo. Glad it was a good Easter!
ReplyDelete