Wednesday, April 6, 2011

(161) Accountability...

I am horrible at accountability. I am good at holding others accountable. But as for myself, I am just flat out bad. I start out doing things with the best intentions, but I never seem to be able to follow through to the end. I blame it on life.

Life gets in the way.
Life happened.
Life is this.
Life is that.

Well guess what, Meredith? Life includes all the things that we want to do, start out doing, or need to do. Starting projects is part of life. Finishing projects is part of life. So I figure by putting all the projects that I have started, want to start, and need to start out in this hot Texas air, I will be forced to follow through and report back my status to you, my loyal readers.

Here is a list of those need to do, want to do, and are doing projects:
1) alphabet/number blocks (4 sets)
2) photo album/scrapbook of Buglet's first year
3) photography class
4) redo blog design
5) blog about something, anything everyday
6) shadow box for our Angel Baby
7) take pictures of Buglet... daily
8) read a book a week (or I should say finish a book within a decent time frame)

To make things less complicated, I will not tell you which ones I have started. Just assume that we are working with a clean slate and I have to take on all of these from the beginning. Also, I am not giving myself an offical deadline. But I will give myself a decent time frame. I still have to schedule for feedings, diaper changes, Hubby time, and the other household chores.

But how will I hold myself accountable to you? Well that is the beauty of blogging. I get to give you an update. Please refer to #5 on the list. I might not give you an update everyday, but I will do this: 9) give at least a weekly update of projects in the works.

So, I will print this post out and tape it, staple it, glue it to as many flat surfaces (vertical and horizontal) that I can find. I am making myself accountable to YOU.

Feel free to ask me how my projects are going. Feel free to praise me for keeping up. Feel free to chew me out when I am not doing what I "promised" you.

Here's to actually staying in the driver's seat with the pedal down.

3 comments:

  1. You crack me up :)
    I will DEFINITELY hold you accountable!!

    Also - love the new look of the blog... I don't know if I haven't checked it in a while or what, but I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my favorite part? the part where you clump "hubby time" in with "all of your household chores"

    ain't that the truth ;)

    ReplyDelete