I have hundreds of pictures. Hundreds. Maybe thousands. In fact, I am sure it is in the thousands because it takes up double digit gigs in my computer. I love taking pictures. It forces me to see the world from a different perspective; to look at the mundane as something spectacular. So I have these tens of thousands of pictures that I have downloaded into the Pictures folder on my hard drive. I have them all grouped by category; events, holidays, topics, items, etc. And sometimes they are even grouped by date within that folder (example: Pictures/Lauren/040811). Seems logical, don't ya think?
But there is a flaw...
You see, I don't rename my pictures. Whatever name the camera bestows upon it is what it goes in as. I figured that since the pictures are categorized that it wouldn't be a problem. Ah, but there is, young grasshopper. Sometimes the pictures get lost or I can't remember what folder I put them in. And it's not like I have the time to go through every stinkin' folder. My eyes would melt. I also can't "search" for the file because I don't know the name of the file. So I have two options: 1) rename ALL of my pictures (which would take two lifetimes to complete or 2) learn to use iPhoto (which would cost a little since I have the '09 version).
Hmmmm.... time or money?
What would you do, my photo lovin' friends?
Friday, April 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment