Tuesday, April 19, 2011

(173) Firsts...

Firsts are meant to be shared. They are meant to be experienced together. Like first words, first birthdays, first holidays. So far, my husband has missed 3 firsts with his daughter.

Her first Valentine's Day.
Her first shots.
Her first pictures with the Easter Bunny.

And soon, her first professional pictures and her first Easter.

It breaks my heart. Not so much for her right now, but for him. She is too young to realize the importance of these milestones. He, on the other hand, is fully aware of it. He isn't missing them intentionally... we both know that. It just comes with the job. When you are gone two weeks at a time, you are bound to miss out on some things. I do the best that I can to share these milestones with him, mostly through texts and pictures. And while he might say that missing these times doesn't really affect him, that we need the money (and we do), I know deep down his heart breaks. He wants to be here. And I want him to be here. I am not a big fan of sharing these moments alone. But we make do.

Ok, so now that I have shared what was on my heart, here is the real skinny...

Lauren did so good with the Easter Bunny last night. We didn't have to wait in line and she didn't even fuss. I was able to take the time to let her look at EB and get used to him. I thought for a second when I put her in his arms she would freak, but she didn't. She just looked around and chilled out. We got one smile and the a half smile. In the others, she either had a blank stare or was looking off. Obviously, I chose the one with the smile. She looked so pretty in her Easter dress and her red bow. And I can't wait to share it with you, but I am going to wait until Brendon can see it first. I think it is only right.

No comments:

Post a Comment