Thursday, April 7, 2011

(163) Since I Have the Spiffy Camera...

I signed up for a photography class the other day. I have been wanting to take one for awhile, but wanted to find one that was both fun and workable into my schedule. I managed to find one at Big Picture Classes. BPC is a really cool site. It offers a variety classes in scrapbooking, organization, drawing, photography, and other styles of crafting. I originally found it through Becky Higgins Project Life... there is a community of Project Lifers on BPC that I joined.

The course is called Get Great Photos With Any Camera and today is the first day. The course is 4 weeks long with different topics covered each week and photo assignments for those topics. We submit our photos to the website so the other students can admire and critique, then at the very end we send in our four best pictures for the teacher to look over. (I snuck a peak at the assignment this morning while I was up with Buglet and I cannot wait to get started. The first assignment is about lighting. I love playing with lighting. I am not very good at making light work with me, but I do enjoy trying to get it to cooperate.) The teacher also gives us little tip cards that we can put in a 4x6 album to carry with us in our camera bag so we know how to duplicate the techniques we learn out in the field.

I am super excited about this class. I need something like this to force me to sit down with my manual and my snazzy new camera and learn how to use it to its fullest (my fullest) potential.

Look for pictures and updates to come. I cannot wait to share them with you... no matter how bad they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment