Friday, April 22, 2011

(174) Update...

Ladies and gentlemen, I have failed. Not quite, miserably. But more than slightly.

I told you I was horrible, HORRIBLE, at accountability. I have really been trying to do my best to get through my list, but it just seems like I don't have enough hours in the day. With a full time job from 8-5, then another when I get home, it is a little difficult to squeeze anything else in. I know I shouldn't be making excuses, lots of other people manage to do it all. I should be able to do it as well. I mean I see all these moms who seem to have it all together and are able to get everything done... cook, clean, workout, do crafts, get errands done, and take care of their family. All while having beautiful hair, beautiful makeup, and a toned body. I really feel like a failure.

Meredith's life. FAIL. Like when you bounce head first off a trampoline.

What am I doing wrong?

Let's revisit my list, shall we?

1) alphabet/number blocks (4 sets) - These have not been touched. I have a few sanded but that is it. Instead, I have started a new block project that seems to be a little easier... name blocks. Remember the blocks that I received from my friend Betsy that spelled out Lauren's name? Well we had L photographed with them and the photographer loved them so much that he asked me to make a set... of the entire alphabet. So that is where I am. I have 10 sanded, 6 completely painted, and 4 partially painted. Fortunately, they are cut from 2x4s so the edges are already rounded, I just have to sand where the cuts where made and lightly sand everywhere else. But I am having to hand sand them right now while L naps in the evenings. Hopefully this weekend I can get the electric sander out and finish these bad boys.

2) photo album/scrapbook of Buglet's first year... Um, yeah. Not so much.

3) photography class... Working on it. Though I managed to not get last weeks assignment done with Brendon being away. But I am slowly working on it.

4) redo blog design... Check. For now. I am still debating on whether I should pay someone to overhaul it for me or pay for a pre-made layout.

5) blog about something, anything everyday... Doing my very best. I am also trying to blog about things other than my children. There is life outside of them.

6) shadow box for our Angel Baby... It is mostly done. Still need to secure everything down... double sided tape just isn't strong enough.

7) take pictures of Buglet, daily... Doing good for the most part. Some days I don't get any, but I am trying to document as much as I can.

8) read a book a week (or I should say finish a book within a decent time frame)... Still working on the same book. But hey, at least I am opening it up.

So as you can read, not one of those is completely completed.

It's almost enough to make me give up. Or jump off a trampoline head first.

But that would really hurt.

It would also cause me to be REALLY behind... and if I get too much farther behind, I will be back at the beginning.

2 comments:

  1. You are doing great!!! Congrats on the blocks! I loved the pictures of her with the blocks.

    And, those moms that look like they have it all together really don't! Looks can be deceiving. :) You will find your groove, and it will be just that... YOUR groove. No one else's and others will look in and wonder how you do it. I bet, they already do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Michelle! Mere you are doing GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete