So I had my weekly appointment today. I am 39w4d, which means Friday, December 31, will be my 40w mark. Phew! It is surreal to think that we have made it this far. Currently, I am a "good" 1 cm dilated. My doctor seemed really excited about that. I guess the 1 cm she was talking about at the last appointment wasn't as "good". But she was almost giddy this time. She said something about membranes but I am not sure if she was able to do anything with them. We will see. Fingers are crossed.
So eviction notices will start on Friday for Buglet. And she also has another incentive to come sooner than later...
We have scheduled an induction date for January 7th, 2011 (at 41w). So she has until then to come on her own. Otherwise, she is going to be kicked out.
I didn't want to have to schedule an induction date. I want my body to naturally do what it is supposed to do. And there is still time for it to do that. However, I didn't think I would be this calm or at ease with having an induction date. There is something final about inducing. There is no guessing game, no questioning, no waiting around. If something doesn't happen before then, well then, we are just going to get the show on the road.
Next week we have the NST, since I will be past 40w. It is just to make sure Buglet is still doing well. It is normal procedure.
Maybe, just maybe, we will get to see the doc sooner than that.
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment