Sunday, December 5, 2010

(126) I Would Like To Thank The Academy...

An award?

For little ol' me?

Yep.

And it's not just any award. It's a blog award. Can you believe it? Someone out there actually likes my blog enough to give me an award. I have always been envious of those blogs that have all sorts of awards. But of course, most of those are the blogs that have hundreds of followers and are well known in the blog world.

So who recognized me? My dear blog/babyloss friend, Katharine, gave it to me. She has her own blog, Grow Baby Grow, chronicling her life as a babyloss mom. Her strength and brutal honesty are really a breath of fresh air. She doesn't beat around the bush when it comes to her emotions about how her losses are impacting her life. And, yes, I said losses. She is the mother to two beautiful daughters in Heaven. If you have time, you go visit her blog. Thank you, Katharine!

So what award did I get, you ask??

Without any further ado...



The Cherry On Top Award. Isn't it great? Everyone likes a little cherry on top. I just think it is the cutest thing. I can't wait to put it on my blog. Maybe I will create a blog award section...

With this big award, though, comes responsibilities. Here are the rules:

1. Link back to the person who gave it to you
2. Pass it on to five (or more) other blogs
3. Leave them a comment telling them about the award

Not too hard really. Until you have to go through the blogs you follow and love, and have to pick a handful to recognize.

Here are my picks (in no particular order).

1) Too Beautiful: The Story Of Our Miracle: Olivia Margaret... This blog is kept up by my sweet friend, Betsy. She (and her husband) lost her daughter, Olivia, last November. She is a wonderful writer with an incredible sense of humor. Over the last year, take a few months, I have watched her grow and blossom into a woman of phenomenal strength and courage. Her friendship has been a true gift from God.

2) The Journey of the Karr's... Leaning on the Everlasting Arms... Michelle is a true woman of God. She has 5 blessings; 4 earth-bound cuties (one who is just over a month old) and one who is in Heaven (and will be celebrating her first Heavenly birthday at the end of this month). She gives me inspiration with every post. I am in awe of her relationship with the Lord.

3) The Middlebrook Family... This crafty, handy-dandy blog is written by my cousin-in-law, Katie. She is beyond crafty really. She sews. She bakes. She cooks. She is a mom. She is a wife. And all while maintaining a sense of humor... and always beautiful skin and hair. If you like stuff like that, check it out. ;)

4) Simmons Family... Another babyloss blog maintained by my friend, Elizabeth. She and I are in a support group together. She is also the mom to 5 blessings. And a woman of the Lord. She has given me so much support and encouragement this past year. I have truly been blessed with her friendship.

5) Splendid Sassy Pants... A very dear high school friend, Gloria, is the writer of this blog. She hasn't posted in several months, but I do love her writing style and quirky sense of humor. Maybe this award will encourage her to keep writing. Though it might a tad more difficult, now that she has a toddler and is expecting bebe #2. So it's understandable.

I encourage you to take a look at all of these... and also the others I follow. Every one of them is unique.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the award... I will have to repost when I get a chance!

    ReplyDelete