Tuesday, October 5, 2010

(105) Buglet update

Today we had a check-up. Well actually it was more than a check-up.

I had my gestational diabetes test. This entails drinking 10 ounces of an orange (or whatever you pick) flavored drink that has 50 grams of glucose. It tastes like orange, but that is about it. It doesn't taste like flat soda, nor does it taste like a melted orange popsicle. I was fine with the first few sips but by the end, I had to force it down. Luckily, the only side effects were light-headedness, a little nausea, and an out-of-body experience. I kid you not, it felt like I wasn't myself. If it made ME feel like that, I can't even imagine what Buglet was feeling. Then an hour later, I had to have my blood drawn. So now I wait for the results to come back. Joy.

Once that was done, it was off to get the sonogram. We haven't had a good sono since 20 weeks so we were very excited to see Buglet on the big screen and get some pictures. This is what we learned: Buglet is in the 61% for growth (normal range), my fluid looks good, she is around 2 pounds, and she is still breech. This is all good news. You might not think that having a breech baby is good, but as long as she is healthy I will take it. And... we got 4D pictures and video!! We were not expecting that at all. The tech did her measurements and looked around, then switched to another sono wand and voila! We got to see Buglet in 4D. Now normally, 4D pictures creep me out because they remind me of an alien. But we could actually see all her features really well. We even got to see her yawning... and it was a BIG yawn. TOO CUTE!! She has her daddy's nose and my lips and chin. And we think she has lots of hair. I promise I will post pictures once I get them scanned and after they have been sent to the grandparents. ;)

As for me, all vitals are good. Blood pressure remains constant. So much so that my doc makes a comment about having the same blood pressure every time and questions whether the nurses actually took it. LOL!! I have gained 21 pounds so far, which she seems to be happy with. My only question is how can Buglet only be 2 pounds and I have gained 21? Where does it all go? Oh wait, that's right... To. My. Butt. I am feeling great with the exception of sleeping like crap. I don't do well with lack of sleep. I especially don't do well with lack of sleep because I am uncomfortable. And no this is not preparing me for Buglet's arrival. I would much rather have to wake up for a crying baby, then have to wake up to pee every 3 hours and have difficulty getting comfortable.

So all in all, we are all doing well. Next appointment is in 2 weeks. And the next time we get pictures of Buglet It will be on her birthday.

1 comment: