Well we did it. We started Buglet's registry. And oh my goodness, to say that the whole process was overwhelming is an understatement on so many levels.
I know that Babies R Us is a store of nothing but baby items, but I was NOT prepared for what we encountered. I had no idea that there were some many different versions of the same products. Why is there a whole wall of bottles? Don't they all do the same thing? How about pacifiers? There shouldn't be THAT many choices. And then there are the car seats and strollers. You think you know what you want, then you round the corner and suddenly your mind goes blank. I won't even start in on the bouncy seats, the high chairs, the pack-n-plays, the diapers, the wipes, the plethora of toiletries, etc.
We walked out of there not knowing if what we had just accomplished was painful or painless. All we knew is that we were both just sort of numb. I think I am more confused now than I was before we started.
However, with all this said, we did manage to get registered for several items and I am sure I will add more. You have to begin somewhere, right?
But good heavens...
What happened to the days of sticking the kid in a drawer and giving them a toy made of wood?
Monday, August 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




It is definitely overwhelming at first!! You will find what works for you. Don't be afraid to change once she is here, nothing says you have to stick with your first choice.
ReplyDelete