Monday, August 9, 2010

(86) I Figured It Out...

Naturally being pregnant gets people to ask certain questions of you.

"When are you due?"
"What is it?"
"Have any names picked out?"
"How are you feeling?"

I have gotten all of these questions and then some. But the one that leaves me speechless every time is... "Do you have any cravings?" I really have to think about this question. I haven't really craved any type of food in particular besides the normal pregnancy craving of carbs or starchy things. And there too, that has kind of dwindled. In fact, most of the time I am not overly hungry and have to force myself to eat something for Buglet (who now enjoys fruit that I really didn't care for like peaches and cantalope).

Then it dawned on me this morning. I do have a craving. A very BOLD craving.

Coffee.

Coffee. Coffee. Coffee.

Don't gasp. Coffee does come in decaf so it is perfectly safe. But it is my craving. I want it every morning. My day cannot start without it. And once I have it, I am good to go for the rest of the day. Before, I did enjoy it but I could live with only having it a few times a month. Not anymore. And it isn't the caffeine because the decaf suffices. It's the flavor of it. Oh. So. Good.

Of course, I haven't gotten it in it's ice cream form yet.

Mmmmm... sounds like a trip to the grocery store is in my near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment