Tuesday, May 11, 2010

(64) Family Time...

Brendon and I took our first walk in the neighborhood last night. It was so beautiful. And windy. We apparently are experiencing a "wind event" here that is just crazy. 20-30 mph winds.

But I digress.

We had a really good time. It was our family time. I love family time. My soul craves it... and I think Brendon's does too. We connect so much better afterwards. The night before we spent about an hour in the garage replanting some flowers. And because we left the garage door down, the furbabies were able to enjoy family time with us.

I am not sure how far we walked. Not more than a couple of miles. We passed by the park, where several families were braving the wind, some boys were playing basketball, and some kids were on an assortment of bikes and scooters. We eyeballed different landscaping ideas, some of which I was jealous of some of which should have been kept to themselves. We really took in the feel of the neighborhood.

I love being able to know I can go for a walk or run and feel calm the entire time. I don't have to worry about a major roadway or intersection. I don't have to feel hurried. I can look forward to getting out in the evening. Happy would be the best word to describe my soul at that point. I just felt happy. Not sure when the last time was that I felt that type of happy.

Then in all of the happiness and sheer joy, a thought came to me. One that I haven't thought about in a VERY LONG TIME.

I can't wait to push a stroller along those streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment