Tuesday, May 4, 2010

(60) That Day in May...

Sunday is Mother's Day. And as one of my friends says "I am not sure how to feel about it." I know that I am not looking forward to it. And right now, EVERYTHING is about Mother's Day. I guess I never realized how saturated the market got with commercials, emails, and TV specials the week before Mother's Day. It's easy to feel forgotten right now.

It sucks. Period.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Mer. I just love you! And I totally feel ya on this one. The other day, I was watching a movie or something on the Hallmark channel, and in hte corner was one of those permanent things that says, "SIX DAYS UNTIL MOTHER'S DAY!". Ugh. Can't wait until It's over.
    Oh.. also, I work at a massage clinic, and mother's day is BIG for selling giftcards, so we have posters up that say "MOTHER'S DAY IS MASSAGE DAY!" wonderrrful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh!! is right. I can't imagine being surrounded by it. Every time I see a Hallmark or jewelry commercial, I just want to throw something at the TV. But I don't. The TV doesn't deserve to be abused. :)

    We will make it through this... hopefully with our sanity and humor intact.

    Love you, sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  3. y'all are silly :) you're both mothers. beautiful strong loving mothers. probably both better mothers than i am since the way i just dealt with a temper tantrum was to threaten to lock my almost 4 year old in the guest room above the garage. :)

    love you girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!! Doesn't that room have a TV in it? ;)

    ReplyDelete