Saturday, April 17, 2010

(53) Happiness is Sweet...

I know. I know. It's sounds so cliche. But I guess it is true. What could be sweeter then pure happiness... a baby's giggle, the feeling of clean sheets, that first bite of ice cream on a hot summer day (especially here in Texas).

My mom gave me a book a week ago called The Happiness Project (see picture below).


I had never heard of it. The inside cover says it is along the same lines as Eat, Pray, Love... which I really enjoyed. I have only made it through the introduction and first chapter. So far what I have gathered is that the author, Gretchen Rubin, took a year to find out how to be happier, hence the happiness project. She wasn't unhappy but she felt she could be happier. Who doesn't feel that way? She created a list of items in her life that she felt she needed to work on and from there created individual goals to help with the bigger picture. For example, in January she focused on ENERGY. For this topic, she set the goals of getting to bed earlier, organizing, exercising, and a few others. I think February is MARRIAGE. Should be interesting. She invites everyone to do their own happiness project.

Just what I need... more to-do lists in my life.

Maybe I will give it a whirl. I could probably just make my current to-do list into a happiness project. Because after all, actually getting to the grocery store makes me VERY happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment