Thursday, April 8, 2010

(51) First Wednesday...

When the Lord delivers, He DELIVERS!! That is really all there is to it.

Yesterday was the first Wednesday of the month, which means that the church was having their First Wednesday service in the evening. We just started attending the church in January so we are still new and still trying to figure it all out. But we knew of FW from Sunday service and from updates on Facebook. We don't normally attend FW because I have my training session with my trainer on Wednesday nights at the same time. But last night, a door opened up for us. My trainer needed to postpone until tonight. So what did that mean? Wednesday might was suddenly free. While I was trying to figure out what we would do, a little voice said "First Wednesday". And then a friend asked if we were going to FW. Um, hello? I hear ya, Lord.

Last night really impacted my heart. We had communion. And then we saw 7 people give their hearts to God through baptism. I love baptisms!!! There is nothing more magnificent than watching someone get saved and give their heart fully to the Lord. Lots of tears were shed last night... me and Brendon included. And the worship. The energy in that place was off the charts. The presence of God was in the room. Undeniable.

We plan on making it a regular part of week, just like working out is. To worship God with others and with each other blesses our souls immensely.

We have been blessed so much since the New Year. I thought on that last night. I can't thank the Lord ENOUGH for all that He has given us. The opportunities. The experiences. The people. Last night it was almost too much. We are in such a good place right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment