I got the idea for this picture while playing with my assortment of slinkies at work (I keep a few on my desk as stress relievers).I was being silly and using the slinky like a telescope and it came to me that it would make a cool picture. However, the logistics of actually taking a picture like that seemed a little daunting. I only have two hands. Those two hand need to be on the camera. Then I need another pair of hands to hold the slinky. Unless I set up the tripod, then I need a finger on the trigger. But that will still require 3 hands.
Hmmm...
So as I was sitting at the dining room table this morning working on my camera, I had an epiphany. I would hold one end of the slinky between my knees and stretch the other end with my hand. Then I would use the free hand to get the camera in place.
And, voila...




good shot. that is a wonderful way of looking at the world. i'll have to get my slinky off the shelf.
ReplyDelete