I don't know when the downward spiral began. All I know is that I realized that there was no amount of thinking good and positive thoughts that would keep my days from being bad. "They" say that time heals. "They" say that the days will get easier. I am pretty sure "they" have never lost a child.
"They" know nothing of that pain.
As my friend, Adrianne, puts it, this is our "new normal". Added with what another friend, Katharine, says, is "lingering sadness" and Jennie with "highs and lows". A new normal filled with highs and lows of lingering sadness. It's a fact that does not sit well with me. This is a part of my future that I know in the present. The pain will always be there. I have to face it head on every morning. Does THAT sound fun to anyone? Anyone wanna join us here? Anybody?
Yeah. I didn't think so.
That's ok. Because I know of One who will.
Romans 5:1-5
Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.
I received the above verse in an email this morning. Proof that just when we think we are going to be overcome from the overwhelming sadness, He is there. And through email no less. How awesome is that?!?
It's like being thrown a life jacket. It doesn't get you out of the ocean, but it helps you keep your head above water so you won't drown.
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment