Thursday, March 18, 2010

(33) Catching up...

So I realize that it has been awhile since I posted anything to the blog. Please forgive me. Time really just seems to fly by. And I have yet to transfer pictures from a week ago from the camera to the laptop. Not that that is an excuse, but I did take some pictures to post to here. Guess I will catch up with those later, but until then I guess I can use my words.

The house. It is starting to look like a livable dwelling. The rock and brick are done on the outside. The fireplace is complete and is MAGNIFICENT. It is really a focal point in the house now... kinda takes over the living room. The cabinets were installed and they are beautiful. The kitchen looks like a kitchen, minus the appliances, the bathrooms look a little more complete, and the laundry room doesn't look so bare. The frame work for the driveway, front porch, and back porch is in... just waiting on the concrete to finish those out. All the interior doors and the back door have been bolted in. They wanted the front door, but that is a big negative until they are done with the interior. We do not want THE DOOR getting dinged, poked, prodded, or otherwise fondled until absolutely necessary. Until then, the builder will have to make do with installing a dummy door. No IFs, ANDs, or BUTs. The trim guy got all the trim and shelving up. It is so nice to have good closet shelves and shelves in the laundry room (just having a laundry room is good enough). Of course the best part about the shelving is the pantry. We have a pantry in the kitchen. This thing is massive compared to what we have to deal with in the apartment. When we move into the house, we are going to have to buy more groceries just to fill half the shelves. At the moment, the painters are doing their magic inside. They have painted all the walls and tomorrow they should finish the trim. To say that I am excited is an understatement. I was in charge of picking the color for the house. I picked a light tan/ creamy light leather color (called Basketry at Home Depot). The painter was concerned it was going to be too dark for the house and make it look closed in... this of course, made me question about my decision. I mean he is a painter so he knows his paint, right? Then we saw the color on the walls today and I fell in love. It is such a warm, cozy color. I can't wait until the fireplace is undercover, the carpet is in, and the stained concrete floors are revealed.

I will of course post pictures of all this and then some... hopefully tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous! I can't wait to see the pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds beautiful! Can't wait to see pictures either!

    ReplyDelete