Those have always been Brendon's words to me...
Brendon and I have evenings where we have absolutely no clue what we are going to do for dinner. Last night was no exception. Neither of us really wanted to cook, but it was starting to get late. He had looked through the freezer and nothing really struck him. So it was my turn. Now we don't have anything exotic in our fridge... it's an apartment fridge, so it not very big. But I spotted some ground turkey. And the menu was set.
Spaghetti with turkey sauce, tossed salad, broccoli (I make Brendon eat his veggies).
Not the most impressive meal. Obviously. But that is not the point...
We cooked dinner TOGETHER... even though our kitchen is only slightly big enough for one person. And by together, I mean neither one of us had a specific job, we each looked after everything. If the noodles needed tending to, both of us would do it depending on who was closest. If the sauce needed some seasoning, then we each tasted and seasoned to our liking.
We had the best time. We always have the best time cooking together. It's one of those things that brings us closer together and makes our marriage stronger. Instead of one person being in the kitchen ALONE and the other in the living room ALONE, we were both in the kitchen, spending good quality time together. We laughed, cracked jokes, made innuendos, tried to watch Trauma.
I cannot wait until we get moved into the new house. I can't even imagine the meals we will be cooking in that kitchen.
Oh and to top it off, Brendon took it upon himself to make some garlic bread out of a couple of hamburger buns. It was the first time we have used the broiler in the oven.
Go figure...
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment