It was then that memories came flooding back to me. I remember when I bought this book. December 2009. Brendon and I were downtown, shopping for Christmas gifts, and I spotted it in a cute little gift shop. I thumbed through and knew I wanted it. It actually comes with a little hand mitten that you can use while reading the book, but I thought it a little creepy. I like my tickles to be unadulterated. ;) I can remember sitting on the couch with my husband reading it to myself when he asked "Well aren't you going to read it to us?" So I started from the beginning and read it aloud. Brendon just wanted to make sure that I got all the different voices right so baby girl wouldn't get confused. That was a good night.
What is interesting is that Betsy apparently came across her copy the same night I happened upon mine. No seriously... if I am reading her post correctly, she did. I was in my craft room, making a copy of something, and while I waited I looked down to see some of my children's books. (My mom has been collecting children's book for me since I was in HS so I have them everywhere.) I thumbed through them, picked up one, then picked up TIckle Monster. But I couldn't bring myself to open it... until today.
This is for you my sweet, sweet friend...
"Now please don't worry and please don't fret, because TICKLE MONSTER isn't done with you yet. Here's one more thing before I must go... I love you so much, I want you to know!"




Oh Meredith. Thank you so much for writing this post. I was looking at the pictures of your house, and was totally surprised when I scrolled down another inch and saw my name in the title of your post!
ReplyDeleteSeriously, it's a good thing that I'm home alone right now because I was just bawling for a good five minutes. People have reached out to me a lot over the past few months, but nothing has made me cry like that! You have no idea how much it means to me.
It's amazing to me how many things we seem to have in common! I love that you read the book to your little girl, too. I can't wait to read it to my future babies.
That was just what I needed tonight. You are such a sweet friend, and I'm so glad we "met".
Love,
Betsy
ps: I've been planning on blogging about the book and was going to take a picture of it, but I think I'll just steal yours, if you don't mind! :)
ReplyDelete