A terror came over me this morning. A deep, dark fear that crawled up from the pit of my grief. An ugly monster that haunts me on my weakest days.
I am afraid I will forget her. I am afraid I will forget about her life. I am afraid I will forget what she has taught me.
I am just so afraid of forgetting my daughter.
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Oh Meredith. I know that fear all too well. I think about that often. I think you actually left a comment on one of my posts about it.
ReplyDeleteIt is easy to let that fear get the best of us - but know that you will NEVER forget her. My older sister was born 14 months before me, stillborn. My mom was 37 weeks pregnant. She said she worried like crazy about forgetting her, especially after she had my other sister and I. We never talked about it much until I lost Olivia (I guess it never even crossed my mind to ask her about it until then), but she told me that she still thinks about her daily and looks through her things whenever she has time. She lost Katie 24 years ago.
Hopefully that gives you some hope :)