I love music. I have loved it since I was a child. Thanks to my parents I was immersed in all sorts of music at a young age... danced to the Bee Gees in my diapers, went to the symphony every Saturday night for as long as I can remember, played the violin for 10 years, learned all about the Doobie Brothers, Steppenwolf, John Denver, Christopher Cross. I have lots of memories from music... and certain songs.
In the past month and a half, I have relied heavily on music to get me through. The first week, I couldn't even turn the radio on. But gradually I was able to listen to a song here and a song there. I tried country, then some pop, then classical, and finally christian.
It was here that I found my sanctuary. And it started with one song... Glory Baby by Watermark. A friend sent it to me. She had suffered a miscarriage and this song really helped her. I listened to a little bit of it on iTunes, but couldn't bring myself to listen to the full song in the first few weeks. Then something in my heart changed. A little voice that said "you can do this". I downloaded the song and sat down with my iPod. The tears began to flow. My heart was warmed.
Here are some songs that I have in a playlist I have named "Baby Hope"... not because we have officially named our daughter, but because our baby girl gives me hope everyday. These are songs that I have gone back to time and again to help me when I am in the trenches. And for everyday listening... to keep me close to her.
Glory Baby by Watermark
You're Not Alone by Meredith Andrews
Can Anybody Hear Me by Meredith Andrews
What Do I Know of Holy by Addison Road
Walk On The Water by Britt Nicole
Rescue by Desperation Band
Sweetly Broken by Jeremy Riddle
What Faith Can Do by Kutless
What A Savior by Laura Story
Safe by Phil Wickham
Oceans Will Part by Hillsong
There Will Be A Day by Jeremy Camp
Homesick by MercyMe
Held by Natalie Grant
In Better Hands by Natalie Grant
Our Hope Endures by Natalie Grant
Cry Out To Jesus by Third Day
How He Loves by David Crowder Band
Maybe one of these songs will help you get through a bad day and remind you that our gracious Father is always there... we reside in His hands.
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Oh my gosh, Mer! (Umm.. is it okay that I just called you Mer?)
ReplyDeleteI was just organizing songs for a similar post about things that have helped me (not just music).. and seriously, all but a couple of those are on my list.
Glory Baby and Homesick were the songs we played at Livie's memorial service and I listen to them each multiple times a day.
You are awesome. Your blog makes me happy :)
You should also listen to Hope Now by Addison Road, if you haven't already!
ReplyDeleteHaha Betsy! You can call me Mer, but only if I can call you Betz. ;)
ReplyDeleteI totally forgot about Hope Now... but of course now I cannot get it out of my head. LOL!! Look out iTunes, here I come!