This is called Project Life and it was created by Becky Higgins (of Creative Keepsakes fame). It takes all the guesswork out of scrapbooking. Seriously. This is unlike any other "kit" I have seen. Other kits might have a post album, 12 pages of paper, some stickers, and 12 sheet protectors. For those types of kits, it is left up to you to cut the paper yourself and try to figure out where to place the pictures.
This kit is so much more awesome than that. It comes with a three-ring binder that is adorable but not too cutesy, enough 12x12 page protectors that you can scrapbook each day of the year with a picture (I had 55 sheets in my box), tons of journaling cards, clear monthly dividers, stickers, and a date stamp (click here for the link if you want the down and dirty). And there are many uses for Project Life (that's in the website too). One is to chronicle each week of the year with daily pictures. So in essence you can do a scrapbook for the entire year and all you have to do is print a picture for each day and then jot a little note on a journaling card. Since I didn't get mine until yesterday and hadn't taken daily pictures for January, that month will just be an overview, per se. Obviously most of the month will be taken up by house building pics, but I am sure I can find some other good stuff to fit in. I have, though, started taking pictures daily. I figure this will force me to really use my Canon Xsi and learn it a little more... maybe by the end of the year, I will be a psuedo-pro.
So here's to 2010. May Betsy and I grow and heal through this photographic journey.




Yay! This post made me smile, and I definitely needed that today. I wish I'd thought to take pictures of my kit before I put it all together.
ReplyDeleteI love what you said about growing and healing. I'm really hoping that this project helps me (and us!) focus on the *good* aspects of life, because some days (or most days) I feel more like focusing on what I've lost.
Also, I have a new-ish canon Xsi that I need to learn to use better, too! We seem to have a lot in common :)
We do seem to have a lot in common. YAY!! I love my camera. I used my 50mm lense for these photos... I forgot how much I LOVE this lense.
ReplyDeleteNow my only problem is actually printing the pictures. I am a pro at procrastination. ;) Hmmm... maybe I will work on that today.
Oooh! What a great product! I am hopelessly overwhelmed by scrapbooking but I really want to get into it. This looks like a good starting place. I'll have to check this out.
ReplyDeleteBTW - I've been thinking about you. I hope y'all are well.
PS - "Queen Sassy Pants" is Gloria :)
YAY Gigi, you found me! Yes I really love this product. I will post more pictures as I get it together. And hopefully do it in stages so ya'll can get the jist of it.
ReplyDeletePPS Love your blog!