Sunday, January 17, 2010

(4) One Step At A Time...

So last week was the first time back in the gym since our loss. I didn't want to overdo it and somehow damage my body in the process when I should have been resting. My OB said that walking was good, never really said anything about running, but I knew that weights are out of the question for another week or two. I managed to do a mile on Tuesday. Go me. OK... nothing impressive for a marathon runner. But these days it is all about the baby steps in life. Thursday was the elliptical for an hour. Then yesterday (Saturday) I managed to run... drum roll, please... 5 miles on the treadmill without stopping. 5 MILES. Yeah, that is some cool stuff. And there again it is 21.2 miles shorter than a marathon. But 5 miles is pretty awesome for me right now. And then guess what? My husband and I completed 4.5 miles today. Heck yeah. That is 9.5 miles in 2 days. I am excited.

Maybe I could sign up for the Austin Half Marathon on Valentine's Day?

And then again maybe not... don't want to trip over my own feet just yet.

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog -- through your facebook comment about the door! You made me cry and smile...love you guys. Glad you are doing a little better. We are still waiting on a visit :) and to meet Kloey.

    ReplyDelete