Next on the list was Home Depot. I told him he could pick out anything he wanted. His budget was $200. Seemed good to me. Tools can be relatively expensive but if you shop right you can still get a lot for your money. In the beginning, we had a builder's calculator and a laser level in the cart... plus some flashlights for me. Oh, and a landscaping book for the backyard... for when the house gets done and we win the lottery to landscape the yard. But I need to make this long story short. We ended up buying a door. You heard me. A door. And that will be for another post because it deserves one all its own.
After Home Depot, it was on to some house homework. We got a new better bid on the carpet and a new better bid on a more outstanding backsplash for the kitchen. So far we were 3 for 3 on house stuff today. We stopped there... didn't want to push our luck for the day.
We ended the day with dinner at Christopher's World Grille. We love that place and everything about it. The food, the people, the ambiance. It rocks. And it has happy memories for us.
As I write this, my husband is at the bar. Yes. I am in bed working on my blog and my husband is at the bar celebrating his birthday with some friends and some strangers without me. I don't mind. He deserves it. He needs some time away from me. And plus, he was promised a birthday shot... I just hope he doesn't take it too far.




No comments:
Post a Comment