So today started the "having to go in every week to see the doctor" month. I guess it is a good thing. Just means that we are that much closer to meeting Buglet.
So everything checked out well. I got my Strep B test. For those of you who don't know what that entails, it is basically getting cotton-swabbed in places that are truly not intended for cotton swabs. It doesn't hurt... just not the greatest feeling. And we were told that we wouldn't be getting a phone call with the results. There is nothing you can do about it. You either have it and get hooked up to antibiotics during labor and delivery, or you don't have it and you get left alone.
Then I got the internal exam. For some of you pregnant ladies out there, and non-pregnant ladies, internal exams may be a piece of cake for you. I am happy for you. Really. It means that you have never had to go through an experience where you have PTSD from them. Unfortunately for me, I did. Eleven months ago. Even before that, they weren't very fun for me... but I digress. So my body seizes every time I hear those two words. Seriously. My anxiety level goes up, I get nauseous, and I start having flashbacks. My doctor probably thinks I am over-reacting when I am squirming all over the table and I have tears running down my face. Sorry, but no. Not over-reacting. Having 2 gloved, only slightly lubricated fingers doing something medical in an area that has been traumatized in the recent past, is not my happy place and there is no amount of "just relax" she can say to make it any better. Thankfully my wonderful husband was there to hold my hand. And I am pretty sure he saw the physical and emotional pain in my face. It was probably the same pain he saw 11 months ago. Can we say "flashbacks for everyone"? After all was said and done, my cervix is really posterior... there is only so much "digging" she can do to see if she can feel it.
But that means that Buglet is still in her comfy place, which is fine by me. Her fluid looks good, she is still head down, her heartbeat is in the 150's, and I am measuring right at 35 weeks. Everything checks out. Besides, at 35 weeks it is still early yet. No matter how uncomfortable I might be, she still needs to hang out for a little longer.
We go back next week and we are thinking I should opt out of getting another internal. That was my husband's suggestion. I am good with that decision.
On a better note, we are now pre-registered at the hospital. I can't imagine having to fill out that paperwork while in the throws of labor.
No, thank you.
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment