Monday, July 12, 2010

(77) It Was A Good Day Until...

So yesterday was a great day. We drove down to The Woodlands for a little shopping and to get out of the house. Brendon announced that the intent of the day was to buy things for the baby. Cool. I like to shop. And baby stuff makes me smile... for the moment. Though I am not so sure if he realized that 1) I could buy one of everything, and 2) I have a hard time buying anything when we have no clue as to the gender. So in a nutshell, my problem is I could buy everything without buying anything. Well that makes a whole lotta sense.

Anyways, we have no clue as to whether we are pink or blue. This means that right now we have to be gender neutral in our color. So what did we decide?

Green. It's gender neutral. Boys and girls look good in green. I mean really what does the baby care what color they are dressed in or what color their sheets are. And there are all sorts of shades of green that will work well. More than likely I will go with a green/ brown color scheme... that way we don't have to paint the room. Big bonus.

By the way, neither of us wanted yellow. Ack. And then after that the only colors are from the red, orange, and purple families. Um... no. I like those colors as accents but not the base color.

So for now, after hitting up PB Kids, The Children's Place, and Jane and Jack, we are the owners of one, light, soothing green, ultra soft blanket; one frog of the same color and softness that is twice the size of a newborn; some very cute onesies with matching hats; a burp rag and matching bib; and one duck.

I am very pleased that we didn't go overboard in our spending (I did very well in the sale sections). Keep in mind, though, it is a little difficult when gender is unknown (clothing is most trying since 99% is gender specific).

Then we got home. And for some reason I couldn't bring myself to look in the bags. Well, I know the reason. It's the fear and the guilt. The fear that I will have to make a spot in the closet for these things along side our daughter's things (yes, her onesies, hats, blankets, and burp clothes are still in boxes in the closet). And the guilt that I didn't shop this early for our daughter because I was waiting for the gender results.

Maybe tonight I will do what I really intented to do last night... pull out the items and take pictures of them.

I think it might bring me some comfort.

2 comments:

  1. I more than understand!! I think I may blog about this tomorrow. It is hard to see Joy's things hanging in the closet or around the house. I wonder if she will even get to wear them.

    ReplyDelete