Thursday, July 1, 2010

(75) 6 Months...

6 months. 181 days. 4,344 hours. 260,640 minutes. 15,638,400 seconds.

It's amazing how time can pass by so fast. And yet, it seems like yesterday.

I can remember most things from that day fairly easily. Other memories I have to work hard at bringing back. Guess it's just the mind's way of protecting me.

There is still a lot of pain, grief, anger, confusion, uncertainty, and just plain ol' fear. I still breakdown when I look at her ultrasound pictures. And our matching hospital bracelets. And her tiny footprints. She had her daddy's feet.

But somehow we manage to go about our days in our "new happiness", our "new normal".

We are surviving. We are strong.

We have hope.

1 comment:

  1. Six months has been the hardest milestone for me to date... there was just something about that number. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete