Thursday, February 24, 2011

(152) Project Complete...

I decided about a week or two before my due date that I wanted to make alphabet and number blocks for Lauren. I thought it would be a neat thing to do instead of buying them and I wanted to see if I could actually get them to look the way I wanted them to. Let's just say I was in the middle of painting them when I went into labor. So they sat in the garage unfinished for a few weeks after I came home, and then they sat on the dining room table while I slowly finished them...

Yesterday... I completed them yesterday.

Here is the finished product. I am quite proud of myself.

Capital letters and numbers...

Lowercase letters on the back of the uppercase...

Puzzle on one side...

Another puzzle on the opposite side...

Pattern paper on the other sides...



I think they turned out really well for my first set. I really enjoyed making them and I hope Lauren has a good time playing with them. These will make great baby gifts and little kid birthday presents. And now that I have one set under my belt, I know how to streamline the process.

Currently, I have 3 sets to make... and I have a feeling that I will find other people to make them for.

4 comments: