Thursday, March 10, 2011

(155) Like I Needed Another One...

I realize that Christmas was several months ago and I should have posted about Christmas gifts at the time. Well, time basically ran me over and here we are in March. So this is my post about one Christmas gift in particular... well, two if you want to get technical.

Most of you know that I enjoy taking pictures. I am not a fanatic about it, nor do I take them religiously. My life is not that interesting to take pictures everyday, nor do I really have the time. Excuses, excuses... I know. I love my Canon XSi. It really is a great DSLR. I wasn't too fond of the kit lens, but then I got a 50mm fixed lens and I really learned about perspective and picture taking in general. I got the camera when I found out I was pregnant with our angel. I wanted a camera that I could experiment with and take some cool pictures of her with. Then December 2009 happened. Despite all of that, in January 2010, I really started using it for a crafting project called Project Life... you take a picture a day and journal about it for an entire year. It was a great idea, but I started slacking on it and eventually gave up.

Shame on me.

Fast forward to November 2010. The inevitable questioned was asked... "What do you want for Christmas?" In all honesty, I despise that question. I feel I am getting to the age when I don't need gifts... give them to my children so I don't have to spend money on them. I told my dad that I didn't really need anything, but he wouldn't take that for an answer. So what did I do? I gave him my wish list with things that I didn't necessarily need nor did I expect to get because of cost or the fact that the request was outrageous.

Let's just say my father didn't think two items I asked for were neither too expensive or outrageous...

My new little friend...

And her jewelry...


Yep. I got a Canon 60D DSLR body and a 28-135mm lens. I nearly fell over in my chair when I opened the box. These two items are not cheap when bought separately... so to see them together blew me away.

I
LOVE
THIS
CAMERA
AND
LENS
COMBO
!!!

I love the sound the shutter makes. I love the fact that I can put the setting to P and I can get some quality pictures. I love that it is just so simple.

My husband loves it too... he got my XSi and no longer has to use the point and shoot.

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous I can't even type! I can't wait to upgrade my camera. I've only had it for about 14 months now though so I know it's not "old" by any means. But once you get going with photography it just KEEPS going and becomes a very expensive habit! I'm feeling a little bit stifled by the amount of focus points that the rebel has and I want a camera with more.
    ANYWAY - i meant to tell you that I used Lauren's announcement in my PL! I had to trim it down to fit but I think it looks cute! I have had such a hard time in the past throwing away things like that, so putting them in the album is a good solution :)
    Also, I think digital PL is an awesome option. I have read about people who have two or three little kids and are doing a digital album for each one... expensive, but I think it would be the only way because I can't imagine being able to keep up with the traditional version with ONE kid let alone two or three!

    Uhhh... longest comment of the century! bye! :)

    ReplyDelete