Saturday, June 12, 2010

(70) My Sanctuary...

We bought our house because we ALL needed more room. At that time, I was pregnant with our daughter and it just wasn't going to cut it living in a 2 bedroom apartment with 4 people. My sweet step-daughter already had to share a room with the office/craft room. So we bought the 4 bedroom house so everyone could have their own place to call their own. My husband wanted me to have a room of my own to get away to. Even as we looked at houses, I was willing to give up a craft room so that everyone could be comfy. He wouldn't hear of it. He knows how much being creative helps me de-stress. So there is one room in the house that is ALL mine.

My craft room. My sanctuary. The one room that I can close the door and require people to knock before they come in.

And I thought I would share the work-in-progress...

Starting the priming process..


Primed and ready for color...


OMG! I love this color...


Starting the shelves...


The "computer station"...


Looking towards my craft area...


As you can tell, we still have a little ways to go. But hopefully we will get it finished tomorrow then I can organize all my craft stuff.

2 comments:

  1. Instead of sugar plums, visions of craft rooms will dance in my head! Love it!

    ReplyDelete