Wednesday, August 24, 2011

(186) A Much Needed Update...

As I type this, I realize that a whole month has progressed since my last entry. And even that was just some pictures with very few words. What can I say? Life doesn't slow down for a blog. Nor does it slow down for bills, home maintenance, or sex.

Buuut, I digress.

In all honesty, my life has been so enriched these last months that I don't want to slow down enough to update my blog. I am afraid I might miss something, with my head down and fingers moving. Don't get me wrong. I want to share my life's updates with you. I just wish I could duplicate myself. Ahh... to dream.

So without any further ado, here is The McNeil Family Update.

1.) We now have another mouth to feed. LOL!! Yep. My step-daughter, Kloey, lives with us. The talk was started earlier this year and the decision was made. She officially moved down in June. I am not going to lie. Talking about it is COMPLETELY different than actually going through with it. The move was an adjustment for everyone. Although at the time, I wanted everyone to believe it was an injustice to me, the way it all played out. Yeah, boo hoo, Meredith. Everything is hunky-dorey now. K started 6th grade on Monday and is so far adjusting to that well. She made several new friends the very first day and even had a lunch buddy. However, I believe the 6:30am wake up is getting old... fast.

2.) Buglet is 7.5 months, almost 8 months. She is thriving in daycare. She has really grown by leaps and bounds. Being able to play with other kiddos around her age and watch what the "big" kids do, has been one of the greatest teaching aids. She has learned to use her sippy cup like a pro. Although as times, it is used as teether and a musical instrument... not to mention a deadly weapon. Aaannnnddd, speaking of deadly weapons, Buglet has two teeth coming in. The bottoms. At the same time. Pointy bastards. Those things could cut through a diamond. Well, not really, but she tried. Seriously. She took hold of my ring finger and proceeded to knaw on my engagement band. Thankfully the diamonds are still all there. No sparkly poop. Yet. Another big girl thing... she graduated to a convertable car seat. Poor Buglet was getting scrunched in her carrier so I made the executive decision to upgrade. Not to mention that at 20+ lbs, the carrier with said baby is a bit difficult to manuever. I can tell you that we are all happier campers for it.




3.) No change with the cats. Tigger still stays in our bedroom most of the time... has been since the baby came home. Callie still inserts herself wherever she feels she is needed... which is everywhere.

4.) Brendon got back from a two week assignment a week ago. He went from fighting fires to getting the 6th grader prepared for a new school year at new school in one weekend. Since the man won't share his feelings, it is hard to tell how he is doing. He seems to be adjusting well and taking everything in stride. I think one of his biggest concerns right now is getting the yard fixed. The freakin' drought has killed all of our plants basically. Thankfully the yard is hanging in there. But the dead plants and all of the strange grass that has taken over must go. The other concern is the duct work that leads to Buglet's room. Long story short... it sucks. Really. At least, that is the opposite of blows... and it does not do that. So Brendon is going to try to fix it and re-route some of the existing ductwork so we can get some decent air flow into her room. Because as of this moment, the spare bathroom gets more air than Buglet's room. With the vent shut. Ponder that one for awhile.

5.) As for me, well, I have discovered something absolutely magical. Reading. Oh, how I missed reading. Yep. I have actually finished a book I started during maternity leave, and I am now reading a second book. GASP! What is the world coming to? So I have now gathered all the books I bought with the intention of reading and I will slowly get through them all. Don't ask how many I have. I lost count after 10. On the baby front, I have decided it's time to wean her (several reasons for this decision). Well, I decided it was time a few weeks back and I am now in the processing of slowly making it happen. It is not an easy thing for this momma. The sense of loss is just incredible. I feel like that is the only connection I have with her. It's as if, once I have weaned her completely, someone can just take her away. I know that is not the case. I am her momma... always will be. We will just have to find other ways to get that closeness back. As for everything else, I am slowly adjusting to being a full-time parent to my step-daughter. I honestly thought it was going to be a lot harder than it actually is. I think it helps to know that we will have her longer than a weekend or a month. There is more consistency now, which helps everyone involved. Also, I am hoping to get back to my crafting now that Brendon is back home and we have another set of hands to entertain the baby. I have so many projects I want to complete. Maybe I will make one night a week my craft night to get things done. Yeah. That sounds like a great idea. Maybe I will start with tonight. And I could even include the kid. I think she would enjoy that. ;)

What do ya think?

That in a nutshell is where we are. For the most part. Without getting into any massive detail.

PS I leave you with a bit of cuteness.



2 comments:

  1. I'm crazy emotional right now! Your post brought tears to my eyes. It's just so amazing to see other rainbow babies growing up!! Love ya!

    Not sure why it won't let me comment with my blogger acct????

    ReplyDelete